- 6 medium, cut into 4 pc Potato
- 2 medium Onion
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seed Powder
- 1.5 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- to taste Salt
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 inch Ginger
1. Mix pinch of turmeric powder and salt to the potato pieces and shallow fry in a pan and keep it aside.
2. Finely Chop 1.5 onions and keep it aside. Make a paste of the half onion, garlic and ginger and keep it aside.
3. Heat 1 tbsp Ghee and all of the cooking oil in a frying pan. Add bay leaf and fry for 30 sec.
4. Then add the chopped onions, and fry it till golden brown. Add the ginger-garlic-onion paste and fry for another 2 minutes.
5. Add rest of the spices and the tomato puree less Garam masala powder. Fry in low heat till oil leaves the side of the pan.
6. Add the fried potatoes and stir for another minute or so. Add water, sugar, salt, Garam masala powder, and ghee and bring it to boil.
7. Cook it in low heat till the potatoes are properly cooked and the gravy is thick.
8. Serve with paratha