Monday, August 17, 2009
Fresh Tomato Garden Pasta Salad recipe - 6 points
Choose light, healthy salad dressings to enhance your summer salads. Try these healthier homemade alternatives to the traditional vinaigrette dressing.Weight Watchers Fresh Tomato Garden Pasta Salad recipe Makes 4 servings
2 1/2 cups farfalle pasta (bow ties)
1-2 medium tomatoes, seeded, chopped
1/4 lb fresh green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh basil, minced
2 tablespoons chives, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, adding the cut green beans for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
2. In a large bowl, blend together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, basil and chives.
4. Drain the pasta, rinse under cool water, drain well and add to the tomatoes mixture; season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Crumble the Feta cheese over the pasta and serve.
One serving is approximately 135 grams.
WW POINTS per serving: 6
Nutritional information per serving: 294 calories, 7g fat, 3.3g fiber