Monday, August 17, 2009
Non Vegetarian Dishes
1 full: Chicken (skinned and jointed)
1 1/4 cup : Tomatoes (skinned, deseeded and chopped)
3/4 cup: Onions (ground)
½ tsp: Kashmiri mirch
1 ½ tsp: Roasted, ground fennel seeds
1 tsp: Ginger powder
2-3: Cardamoms (large)
2 tsp: Oil/ butter
350 ml: Water/ stock
1. Fry the chicken in hot oil for 5 minutes to seal. Remove from pan.
2. In the same oil, sauté onions until golden brown in color. Add chilli powder, fennel seeds and ginger powder. Stir well and season with salt.
3. Add tomatoes to the pan. Stir in cloves and cardamoms. Cook for 5 minutes before adding water/ stock. Bring to a boil.
4. Return chicken to the pan and simmer over a gentle flame until tender.
Strain the juices and serve with the chicken.
700 gm: Raw Chicken
½ kg: Curd
1 tsp: Ginger garlic paste
1 tsp: Red Chilli Powder
Salt to taste
100 gm: White butter
½ kg: Tomato (pureed)
½ tsp: Black cumin seeds
½ tsp: Sugar
1 tsp: Red chilli powder
Salt to taste
To Prepare Chicken
100 gm: Fresh cream
75 gm: White butter
4-5: Sliced green chillies
½ tsp: Crushed fenugreek leaves
1. For the marinade, mix red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, salt and curd together. Marinade is ready.
2. Now mix the raw chicken in the marinade and keep it in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Then roast the marinated chicken in a tandoor or an oven for about 5-10 minutes till it is three fourth done.
4. For the gravy, heat white butter in pan. Add black cumin seeds, tomato puree, sugar, red chilli powder and salt. Mix it well.
5. Now add the prepared chicken, white butter, fresh cream, sliced green chillies and crushed fenugreek leaves.
6. Cook till chicken is done.
7. Butter Chicken is ready to eat.
8. Serve hot with rice or naans