Monday, August 17, 2009
Portobello Pasta Bowls recipe - 6 points
Weight Watchers Portobello Pasta Bowls recipe
Makes 6 servings
6 portobello mushroom, stems removed
6 ounces spinach fettuccine (or spaghetti)
2 medium tomato (red or yellow)
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon oregano, freshly snipped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
1/4 cup basil, freshly snipped
1. Using a teaspoon, gently scrape the gills out of the bottom of the mushroom caps.
2. Lightly rinse the caps, then pat them dry with paper towels.
3. Cut the tomatoes in half; remove seeds and stem.
4. Brush the top and underside of the mushrooms and all sides of tomatoes with the 3 tablespoons olive oil.
5. Lightly sprinkle the mushrooms and tomatoes with salt and pepper.
6. Grill the mushroom caps and tomato halves over medium heat for about 6-8 minutes (or until tender).
7. Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain, then return to pot.
8. For the dressing: coarsely chop the grilled tomatoes.
9. In a blender or food processor combine the tomatoes, the 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, the 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
10. Cover and blend or process until smooth.
11. Drizzle the pasta with 2 tablespoons of the dressing.
12. To serve: place the mushroom caps on serving plates. Divide the pasta among the mushrooms, drizzle with the remaining dressing and sprinkle with snipped basil.
One serving is approximately 177 grams.
WW POINTS per serving: 6
Nutritional information per serving: 255 calories, 16.6g fat, 1.9g fiber