Monday, August 17, 2009
Shrimp and Mango Salad with Glass Noodles recipe - 6 points
Shrimp and Mango Salad with Glass Noodles recipe
Makes 4 servings
1 lb medium or large shrimp (cooked, peeled and deveined)
4 ounces very thin glass noodles
1 large mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (1 pound)
3 scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon chopped fresh serrano pepper or jalapeno chile, including seeds (to taste)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1. In a large bowl, cover the noodles with boiling-hot water and let stand for 8 minutes.
2. In a colander, drain well the noodles and rinse with cold running water, then return to bowl.
3. While the noodles are soaking, combine the shrimp, mango, scallions, basil, and chile in another large bowl.
4. In a measuring cup, stir together the vinegar, salt and sugar, until the sugar is dissolved, then toss half of sauce with the shrimp salad and half with the noodles.
5. Serve the noodles topped with shrimp salad.
One serving is approximately 235 grams.
WW POINTS per serving: 6
Nutritional information per serving: 289 calories, 2.2g fat, 1.7g fiber