Easy Cinnamon Biscuits..
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1/4 cup chopped pecans
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 2 cups biscuit mix (Bisquick, etc.)
* 1/2 cup cold water
* 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
In a small bowl mix sugar, pecans and cinnamon and set aside. Prepare mix according to package directions, using the cold water for liquid. Shape mixture into a ball and place on a sheet of lightly floured waxed paper.
Press down slightly, then cut in 12 equal wedges. Shape each in ball, roll in melted butter, then in cinnamon, sugar, and pecan mixture. Arrange dough balls in 8-inch round layer-cake pan, pressing down slightly. Bake in preheated 400° oven for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Serve cinnamon biscuits warm.
* 1 cup sifted cake flour
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 3 tablespoons sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate, melted
* 3 tablespoons butter, melted
* Vanilla or Chocolate Ice Cream
* Chocolate Fudge Sauce or Caramel Sauce
Sift together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Combine egg, milk, vanilla, chocolate, and butter; blend well. Add egg mixture to sifted ingredients; mix well. Bake in hot waffle iron. Cut into halves and serve with ice cream and chocolate fudge sauce or caramel sauce.
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 large egg, slightly beaten
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* milk, just enough to make pourable batter
Combine dry ingredients. Stir in egg, oil, and enough milk for batter to pour easily. Mix lightly to blend. Cook pancakes on a hot, well greased griddle. This recipe for pancakes makes 2 to 3 servings.
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)
2 cups Gram Flour (Besan)
Butter / ghee for serving
How to make besan roti:
* Mix the flours together and gradually add enough water to make pliable dough.
* Divide it into ten portions and flatten them out using rolling pin.
* Pre-heat the griddle and cook the rotis on each side.
* Butter the besan roti generously and serve hot with lentils, vegetables or curries
Ingredients for alu paratha :
2 boiled Potatoes
1 small finely chopped Onion (optional)
Coriander leaves finely chopped
Small piece of Ginger (very finely chopped or grated)
1 or 2 green Chilies (finely chopped)
Salt Red Chili powder and Garam masala as per taste
Preparation of aaloo paratha :
* For the cover make dough out of whole-wheat flour (atta), as you would do for any parantha/roti.
* Mash the potatoes.
* Add all the stuffing items to mashed potatoes and mix it properly.
* Make two medium size chapati, add the filling to the one chapati and cover it with the second one.
* Now roll it slightly. Put it in a pre-heated oven at 450-degree. Cover top oven grill with aluminum foil & Place Paratha over it for easy baking.
* When top side is done change the side and keep a check (till properly baked)
* Spread butter over it. Serve aloo paratha hot with yogurt (curd).