3 Aloo (potatoes), peeled
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp roasted cumin powder
1 tsp chaat masala
Chopped Coriander Leaves
optional garnish - chopped onion, tomato julienne, fresh pomegranate seeds
oil for frying
* Dice aloo (potatoes) into a fairly large dice - 3/4 to 1 inch cubes.
* Heat oil in a wok and deep fry potatoes, till golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper.
* In a bowl, place the fried potatoes and toss with red chilli powder, cumin powder, chaat masala.
* Add mint chutney, tamarind chutney according to taste and toss to coat evenly.
* Serve, with toothpicks, in individual bowls, garnished with coriander leaves.
* You can also additionally garnish the special indian aloo chaat with chopped onion, tomato julienne or pomegranate
Biscuit Toffee Sandwiches...
1 tin 397g Sweetened Condensed Milk
¼ cup or 50g butter
¼ cup or 50g brown sugar
34 plain biscuit slices
Place Sweetened Condensed Milk, butter and brown sugar in a nonstick saucepan. Cook with stirring over low heat for 5-6 minutes or until the caramel adopts a light golden color and becomes thick.
Remove from heat , allow the caramel to cool slightly then stuff each 2 biscuits with the mixture like a sandwich.
Allow to cool in the fridge and serve.
Serving Tips: Drizzle some cooking chocolate over the stuffed biscuits.
Greek Salad Sandwich.....
* 12 ounces small tomatoes, cored, halved, thinly sliced
* 6 cups small spinach leaves, stems trimmed
* 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced English hothouse cucumber
* 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 4 ounces)
* 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pitted black brine-cured olives (such as Kalamata)
* 16 large fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
* 1 large garlic clove, minced
* 4 5- to 6-inch-diameter pita bread rounds, toasted
Place tomato slices in strainer; drain 15 minutes. Combine tomatoes, spinach, cucumber, feta cheese, olives and basil in large bowl.
Whisk 1/4 cup olive oil, 5 teaspoons lemon juice and minced garlic in small bowl to blend. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
Cut pita bread rounds in half crosswise. Divide salad mixture among 8 pita halves and serve.