Monday, August 17, 2009
Chocolate Star Cookies recipe - 4 points
Weight Watchers Chocolate Star Cookies recipe
Makes 36 cookies
48 Brach’s chocolate stars
1 cup Crisco
2 large egg
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons water
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugars, Crisco, water and vanilla until well mixed.
3. Add the flour, baking soda and salt to the mixing bowl; mix well.
4. Cover and refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes.
5. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Place the cookies in the preheated oven and bake for about 9-11 minutes (or until they turn light brown).
7. As soon as you remove the cookies from the oven, place a chocolate star on the top of each cookie.
WW POINTS for one cookie: 4
Nutritional information for one cookie: 152 calories, 7.6g fat, 0.5g fiber