Monday, August 17, 2009
CLASSIC SHORTBREAD COOKIES
• 1 cup butter softened (I used smart balance butter).
• 1/2 cup powdered sugar
• 2 cups flour
• additional powdered sugar.
You have to
1. preheat oven to 350 degree. cream butter until light and fluffy.gradually add sugar and beat, after each addition, until sugar dissolves.
2. add flour little by little, beating well. chill the dough for an hour.
3. sprinkle surface with equal parts of flour and sugar, and turn a little dough out.
4. pat into 1/4th inch thickness. cut with cookie cutter.
5. place on ungreased cookie sheet. make design with fork.
6. bake for 15-20 mins, or until golden brown. when slightly cool, sprinkle some powdered sugar.
comes out really good.