Monday, August 17, 2009
Easy Recipes: Pancakes With Berries
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
215 Calories, 11g protein, 4.5g fat, 32g carbohydrate, 6g dietary fibre, 75mg sodium.
A very good source of vitamins B1, B2, B3, and C, magnesium, calcium and iron.
* 375ml buttermilk
* 2 eggs
* 125g plain flour
* 2 tablespoon wheatgerm
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 teaspooon finley grated lemon zest
* light olive oil or macadamia oil, to grease
* 300 g mixes fresh rerries or thaward frozen berries
1. Put the buttermilk, eggs, flour, wheatgerm, lemon zest and lemon juice iinto a blender and process until smooth. Leave to stand for 15 minutes, or refreigerate the batter overnight.
2. Heat a heavy-based frying pan over medium heat and lightly grease with oil. Pour about one-eighth of the mixture into the pan, swirl to spead the mixture over the base of the pan, and cook until bubbles apear on the surface and the undeside in lightly browned. Turn the pancake over and cook the other side until browen. Stack the pancakes on a plate and keep warm whilw cooking the remainder.
3. Serve the pancakes topped with berries.
The pancakes are made with buttermilk, wich makes the pancakes deliciosly fluffy.