Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Folded Veggie Omlette / Omlette Puff
Quick healthy break fast or snack made with egg.
1. Eggs - 2
2. Milk - 2 tsp
3. Carrot - 1 small piece
4. Tomato - 1/2 piece
5. Potato - 1 small piece
6. Capsicum - 1 small piece
7. Apple - 1 Slice
8. Green Chillies - 1 small piece
9. Mozarella Cheese - 20 Gms
10. Tomato Sauce - 1 tsp
11. Black Peppers - To taste
12. Salt - To taste
5 Min .
1. Beat both the eggs in glass. Add 2 tea spoons of milk and beat again. Set aside.
2. Peel and dice all vegetables into small thin chunks. All vegetables should fit into one small bowl. Dice apple slice into small chunks.
3. Boil carrot and potato for 2 minutes till they become semi soft.
4. Mix the boiled veggies, tomatoes, green chillies, apple in a small dish. Grate the cheese and measure two tea spoons for use.
5. Heat a deep non stick frying pan (not kadaai) and pour one tea spoon of oil on one side and To the vegetables add a little salt, black pepper, and tomato sauce and mix well.
6. Pour the egg mix into the pan. Save 1/4th quantity in the glass itself.
7. Sprinkle a little salt and a little black pepper. Mind you the pan shud not be very hot. if you see bubbles appearing on your egg mix - the pan is way too hot.
8. Put all vegetables on one half of the egg mix in the frying pan. Spread the grated mozarella cheese evenly.pour the remaining eggmix over the vegetables.
9. Fold the empty half of the omlette over this half and seal the ends. The ends will seal on its own, provided you take care that the omlette is not completely cooked.
10. Cook till light brown over slow flame and flip. Cook the other side.
11. Serve with tomato sauce and chips.