Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Basic Eggless Cake (With Curd)
1. All purpose flour (Maida) - 140 gm (1 ½ CUP)
2. Sugar - ¾ Cup (100gms)
3. Thick Curd (Fresh) - 1 Cup (150gms)
4. Refined Oil - ½ Cup (65gms)
5. Baking Powder - 1 Tsp
6. Baking Soda - ½ Tsp
7. Vanilla Essence - 1 Tsp
8. Baking Tin - 7 Diameter * 4
60 Min .
1. Sieve maida, soda & Baking powder.
2. Mix well and Keep aside for 2-3 min. Bubbles will appear.
3. Add oil and then mix well. Mix curd & essence( Vanilla or any other of your choice).
4. Add maida & mix well. To test the readiness of mixture; drop it in a container. The mixture should drop with consistency. If it appears to be extra thick, add a little more curd to lighten the thickness.
5. Pour into a greased tin 7” * 4” & bake in a preheated oven at 210C for 10min. Then lower temp to 150C & bake for another 20-25min.(Total baking time 30-35min). Always pour the mixture in the greased tin from the corners.
6. To test the readiness of cake, you can use a knife. Pierce knife in centre of cake. If knife comes out sticky, the cake is not yet ready. You need to bake it for another slot of 5-7 min. Repeat the same readiness check.
7. If cake is ready, switch off the oven. Remove cake-tin from oven after 3 minute.
8. The tin should be kept aside to cool down for about 5-7 Min. After this time, the cake is ready for icing(optional) or serving. Enjoy!!