Monday, August 17, 2009
MACARONI HOT POT
macaroni pasta- 2 cups
onions- 1 small, chopped
tomato- 2, chopped
bell peppers- 1, chopped
baked beans- 1 small tin (use HEINZ baked beans, it gives this macaroni its distinct taste)
tomato puree- 1/2 cup (optional)
tomato ketchup- 1/4Th cup
mayo- 1 cup
milk- 1 tbsp
grated mozzarella cheese- 1 cup
chilly flakes- to taste
oregano- to taste
garlic- 1/2 tsp
salt and pepper- to taste
olive oil- 1 tsp
• Boil the macaroni as per the instructions.
• Heat olive oil in a pan. Saute garlic.
• Add chopped onions and saute.
• To this add chopped bell peppers and the chopped tomatoes.
• Saute till soft.
• Add the tomato puree and the baked beans. Mix everything well.
• Add the salt, pepper, oregano and chilly flakes.
• Add tomato ketchup. Cook for a few mins.
• Add the milk slowly, mixing well.
• Add the boiled macaroni and the mayo. Mix everything up.
• Turn off the heat. Add half of the grated cheese. Check for seasoning.
• Empty it out in an oven safe dish. Sprinkle rest of the cheese on top.
• Bake in the oven at 350 degrees, till the chesse melts.
• Let stand for a few minutes.
enjoy it with a salad, garlic bread, or all by itself.