Chickpeas (Soaked Overnight)- 1 Cup
Tea Leaves- 1/2 Tsp
Ginger- 1/2 Cup
Green Chilies- 2-3 Finely Chopped
Tomato Puree- 1/2 Cup
Garam Masala- 1/2 Tsp
Red Chilly Powder- 1/4Th Tsp
Chana Masala- 1 Tsp
Salt To Taste
Fresh Dry Masala
Cumin Seeds- 1 Tsp
Whole Red Chilies- 2-3
Black Peppercorn- 4-5
Dried Pomegranate Seeds- 1 Tsp
• In a pan dry roast the above spices till they are a dark brown.
• Let it cool. Grind it to a fine powder
• Tie the tea leaves in a muslin cloth.
• Add the chickpeas along with little salt and the tied tea leave to a pressure cooker.
• Pressure cook it. Cool. Remove the tea leaves.
• Heat oil in a pan. Add the ginger and the green chilies. Saute.
• Add the dry freshly ground masala to the oil. Saute.
• Next add the entire boiled chickpeas along with the water.
• Add some more water along with all the other spices (red chilly powder etc.)
• Cover and let it cook on medium heat.
• Once the gravy begins to thicken add the tomato puree. Mix well.
• Let it cook for 10 -15 min more. Check for seasoning.
• Serve garnished with coriander, chopped onions, and lemon wedges.
• Have it with puri, tikkis, or regular paranthas.