rice- 1/2 cup
peanuts- 1/4 th cup
curry leaves- a few
mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
red powder- 1/4th teaspoon
oil- 2 tsp
salt- to taste
tamarind extract- 1 tsp
1. steam rice and keep aside. this can also be done with any left over rice.
2. in a wok heat oil.
3. add the mustard seeds. let them splutter. to this add the curry leaves, the peanuts , salt, and the red chili powder. saute well.
4. to this add the cooked rice. mix everything well. mix for a few minutes.
5. turn off the heat. let stand.
6. now add the tamarind extract.
7. mix well. taste for seasoning.
8. serve hot with any dal or sambhar.