green moong- 1/2 cup
onion (ground to a paste)- 1cup
Ginger, garlic, Green chillies (ground to a paste)-1/2 cup
red chillies (whole)- 2
mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
sambhar powder- 1 tsp
salt - to taste
red chilly powder- 1/2 tsp
coconut milk- 1 can
oil- 2 tbsp
coriander leaves to garnish
1. heat oil in a pressure cooker.
2. add the mustard seeds and the whole red chillies.
3. after they begin to splutter, add the ground ginger garlic paste. Saute.
4. now add the onion paste and saute. To this add all the spices.
5. saute till golden brown. add the dal, mix.
6. add the coconut milk and mix everything well.
7. add a little water.
8. pressure cook for two whistles.
9. turn off the heat and let it cool naturally.
10. garnish with chopped coriander and lemon juice.
11. serve with rice.