Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Palak wrap with filling of paneer, Onion and spices, dipped in besan mixture
1. Palak (Spinach) Big Leaves - 400gms
2. - For Besan Mixture:
3. Besan (Gram Flour) - 250gms
4. Salt - To taste
5. Garam Masala - ¼ tsp
6. Red Chili Powder - 1/3 tsp
7. Mango Powder (Amchoor) - 1/3 tsp
8. Baking Soda - Few pinch
9. - For Rolls:
10. Oil - 2 tbsp
11. Chopped Onions - 5
12. Cottage Cheese (Paneer) - 200gms
13. Ginger - 1”
14. Green Chilies - 2
15. Chopped Coriander Leaves - ½ tbsp
16. Cumin Seeds - 1/3 tsp
17. Salt - To taste
18. Garam Masala - ½ tsp
19. Red Chili Powder - ½ tsp
20. Mango Powder (Amchoor) - 1/3 tsp
30 Min .
1. Wash palak. Boil palak leaves with 1/3 tsp of salt and water for about 10min in a pan. Do not cover the pan with the lid.
2. Dip the palak boiled leaves in a cold water.
3. Take besan in a pan. Mix salt to taste, red chili powder, amchoor, garam masala, meetha soda in besan.
4. Make a smooth paste with the help of water. Paste should be not too thick or thin. Keep the paste aside for 10min.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seed, chopped onions & ginger. Cook for 2-3min.
6. Now add chopped paneer, salt to taste, ½ tsp red chili powder, ½ tsp garam masala, 1/3 tsp Mango Powder (Amchoor). Mix well.
7. Mix Chopped Coriander Leaves & green chilies. Switch off the gas stove.
8. Take one leaf of boil palak and fill paneer filling in it and wrap it carefully.
9. Dip the palak roll/ wrap in besan mixture (from step 3-4). Cover the palak roll completely with besan mixture.
10. Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the palak rolls, till they become crispy and golden brown in color.
11. Serve hot with tomato or coriander chutney/sauce. Enjoy!!!