Rich and creamy -- a reward for fasting !
- 500 gms Paneer, cubed
- 3 tbsp Singhare ka atta (waterchestnut flour)
- 2 tbsp Magaz (melon seeds)
- 2 tsp Sendha namak (rock salt)
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 tsp Zeera (cumin seeds), roasted, powdered
- 2 tsp Dhania (coriander), powdered
- 2 tbsp Ghee (clarified)
- 1 tbsp (or to taste) Green chillies, chopped
- 2 tbsp Hara dhania (green coriander), chopped
- ¼ cup (60 gms) Malai (fresh cream)
Mix together paneer, atta, magaz, namak, chilli powder, dhnia powder, well enough to coat the paneer.
Heat the ghee, add green chillies and ginger to it. Sauté till slightly coloured, then add paneer mix.
When the paneer is light brown, add enough water to cover the paneer and bring to a boil. Leave to simmer for 3-4 minutes, until well blended.
Add malai and half of the hara dhania and heat through. Serve hot, garnished with the remaining dhania.