Monday, August 17, 2009
PANEER TIKKA MASALA
here is the recipe.
you will need
for the marinade
• curd- 1 cup
• cream- 1/2 cup
• ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
• green chillies chopped- 1 tsp
• red chilly power- 1/2 tsp
• haldi powder- 1/2 tsp
• sugar- 1/4th tsp
• amchoor powder (dry mango powder)- 1/4th tsp
• garam masala powder- 1 tsp
• shahi paneer masala (optional)- 1 tsp.
• dry kasoori meethi- 1 tbsp
• salt - to taste
• paneer (cut into squares)- 500 gms
• green bell peppers (cut into squares)- 2
• onions (cut into squares)- 1 big
• tomato (cut into squares)- 2
• cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
You have to
1. in a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the marinade. check for salt. adjust seasoning.
2. add all the cut vegetables along with the paneer to the marinade.
3. cover and refrigerate. this can be done overnight too. give it at least 3 hours to marinade.
4. heat oil in a pan.
5. add the cumin seeds.
6. add the entire marinated paneer, along with the marinade to the pan.
7. cook covered for ten to fifteen mins,till bell peppers soften.
8. cook uncovered till the gravy begins to dry.
9. adjust seasoning.
10. empty out contents in a bowl.
11. serve hot with paranthas, naans, kulchas.
note: this made four servings of paneer,approximately one cup.
the approximate protein content of this dish, per serving would be close to 30 gms. (taking into consideration the use of curd and cream.) this is completely an approximate value.
if you have a grill or barbe que, skewer the paneer and the veggies, and grill them.
an excellent snack.