Monday, August 17, 2009
PAUSHTIK MISSI ROTI
You will need:
• gram flour or besan- 1/2 cup
• wheat flour- 1 cup
• alfalfa sprouts - 1/2 cup (any sprouts can be used)
• green chillies - 1-2 (finely chopped)
• cilantro leaves- 1 tsp (chopped)
• salt- to taste
• onions-1/2 (chopped)
• red chilly powder- 1/2 tsp
• ajwain (parsley) seeds- 1/4th tsp
• ghee or butter
You have to :
1. In a bowl, add all the ingredients excpet the water and the ghee.
2. Knead the dough, adding water little by little.
3. The dough will be a little sticky, at this point you might want add very little oil to get the dough all together.
4. Heat a tawa or a griddle, roll out small chapatis, and cook on the tawa.
5. Add little ghee or butter on the top and flip it over. cook till nice and crisp.
6. Serve with pickles, raita, or dal.