Monday, August 17, 2009
CHOCO ALMOND COCONUT BALLS
You will need
• plain biscuits (Marie biscuits, graham crackers etc)- 20-30
• milkmaid- 1/2 tin
• cocoa powder-2-3 tbsp
• whole almonds
• dessicated coconut- 1 1/2 cups
• milk- 1/2 cup (usually the whole thing is not used)
• sugar (optional)- to taste
You will have to
1. crush the biscuite in a food processor or put it in a Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin.
2. mix in the cocoa powder and the half the coconut.
3. now add the milkmaid and mix everything. at this point the mixture will be very sticky.
4. add a tsp of milk. mix. taste. if sugar seems to be less, add according to the taste.
5. check if the mixture can be rolled into balls.
6. add little more milk if required.
7. wet your palm with little water. take a little bit of the mixture, flatten it. place one whole almond in the centre.
8. roll it up into a ball.
9. pour out the rest of the coconut into a flat plate.
10. roll the chocolate balls in the coconut, till the coconut covers the entire ball.
11. repeat with the rest of the mixture.
12. depending on the size, you could make close to 20- 25 chocolate balls.
13. refrigerate it for up to a week.