Monday, August 17, 2009
You will need
for the stuffing
• grated cauliflower- 1- 1 1/2 cup
• ginger (finely chopped)- 1 tsp
• green chillies (finely chopped)- 1/2 - 1 tsp
• cilantro (finely chopped)- 1 tsp
• ajwain seeds- 1/4th tsp
• red chilly powder- 1/2 tsp
• salt- to taste
• ghee- for smearing it on the parantha
for the dough
I do not measure the amount of wheat flour and water. So this is an approximation.
• whole wheat flour- 3 cups
• water- 1- 1 1/2 cup.
You will have to
1. knead the dough and keep it in the fridge for half an hour.
2. in a bowl mix together the grated cauliflower along with all the other ingredients except the ghee.
3. take the dough and let it sit for five to ten min at room temperature.
4. roll out the dough to a small circle.
5. fill a spoonfull or a little more of the cauliflower mixture.
6. fold the dough over into a ball. dust with dry flour. roll out into round chapatis.
7. heat a griddle, place the rolled chapatis on the griddle. smear a little ghee on top, flip over. smear little more ghee, and cook till both sides are a golden brown.
8. Serve hot with butter, achar, curd