Monday, August 17, 2009
KASOORI MEETHI ALOO
You will need
• potato- 5-6 cut into pieces.
• dry kasoori meethi- 1-2 tbs
• oil - for frying the potatoes
• cumin seeds- 1 tsp
• asefotida (hing)- 1/4th tsp
• red chilly powder- 1/2 tsp
• garam masala- 1/2 tsp
• amchoor powder- 1/2 tsp
• tandoori masala (optional)- 1/2 tsp
• salt- to taste
You have to
1. fry the potatoes, till golden brown. drain on paper towel.
2. heat 1 tbsp of the same oil, in a pan.
3. add all the spices to the oil, along with the kasoori meethi. saute.
4. add the fried potatoes. toss evrything up.
5. add very little water, to get the masala to stick to potato.
6. taste for seasoning, adjust the spices accordingly.
This can be served as a cocktail snack, or along with a lentil with roti, or as a chaat.