Monday, August 17, 2009
You will need
• red and green grapes- 7-8
• peanuts-1/2 cup
• honey toasted almond and cranberry salad accents- 2 tbsp (available at any grocery store, like vons ). this is optional. you can add a handfull of dry fruits instead. like raisins and almonds.
• lemon juice- 1/2 tsp
• roasted cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
• black salt-1/2 tsp
• salt- to taste
• red chilly powder-1/4th tsp
• sugar- 1/2 tsp or less.
You have to
1. wash and cut all the fruit into small pieces.halve the grapes.
2. In a bowl, add the cut fruits. add the peanuts and the almonds.
3. add all the spices. mix.
4. add the lemon juice and sugar.
5. mix everything up. taste.
6. adjust the seasoning, according to taste.
serve in bowls, and enjoy. One can add anything to this. Pomegranate seeds, boiled potatoes, watermelon, pineapple, all taste really good. Each time I have had fruit chaat, I don't get any peanuts or almonds. But I feel that adds that little crunchy texture, and it tastes good spiced up.