• Onions -1 big
• Oil - 2tsp (for cooking) + for frying the onion rings
• Panchphuran - 1 tsp (mixture of 5 spices - jeera, meethi, sarson ,saunf & kala jeera)
• Garlic, chopped finely - 2cloves
• Tomato - 1 small (cut into 5-6 pieces)
• Yogurt - 250 ml
• Gram flour - 1 tbsp
• Turmeric powder -1 tsp
• Salt - to taste
• Cut onions into rings.
• Fry them in oil for a little while till transparent. The onion rings shouldn't turn brown in colour. Keep it aside.
• Heat oil in a pan. Add the chopped garlic, panchphuran. When they start to splutter add the chopped tomatoes. Fry it for 1-2 minutes.
• In a bowl take the yogurt, add gram flour and whisk it properly.
• Add water to it according to the amount of consistency you want.
• Add it to the pan and keep stirring till it starts boiling. Add the fried onion rings, turmeric powder and salt.
• Let it boil for 4-5 minutes and serve it with rice.