Monday, August 17, 2009
SWEET AND SOUR VEGETABLES
You will need
Green bell peppers: 2
Cauliflower- 7-8 florets
Honey- 2 tsps
Chilli sauce- 1 tsp
Soy sauce- 1 tsp
Maggi hot and sweet tomato sauce- 2 tbsp (available in Indian store)
Wochestireshire sauce- 1/ 2 tsp
Salt- to taste
Pepper- 1/2 tsp
Red chilli flakes- 1/2 tsp
Sugar- 1/ 2 tsp
Garlic- 1 tsp
Oil- 1 tbsp
note: one can add any veggies. I just added the ones I had on hand. Zucchini, snow peas, broccoli etc. Can be added as well
You have to:
1. Dice the vegetables, into cubes.
2. Heat oil in a pan, saute garlic.
3. Add the cubed onions. saute.
4. Add the other vegetables, except the tomato.Add salt and saute.
5. Cover and cook for 10- 15 mins.
6. In a bowl, combine the honey, along with all the sauces, and the spices.
7. Add very little water. Mix well.
8. Add this sauce to the vegetables.Let it cook. mix well.
9. Add the tomatoes and cook on high heat, till vegetables become tender.
10. Check for seasoning. Here you will have to add a little bit of sugar, and spice if required.
11. Turn off the heat once the gravy comes together.
12. Garnish with cilantro.
13. Serve with steamed rice, or noodles.