Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Simple chicken masala
A very simple chicken recipe. Mom used to make it since my childhood.
1. 300-500 gms boneless chicken
2. 1 cup hung curd
3. 1 lemon juice
4. 1tbs ginger paste
5. 1tbsp garlic paste
6. 3-4 onion paste
7. 2-3 tomato paste
8. 2 tbs chicken masala
9. 1tbs of cashew nut paste
10. 2tbs red chilly powder
11. Salt to taste
12. 1 tsp Tumeric powder
1. Mix 1tsp chilly powder, curd,lemon juice, chicken pieces, turmeric powder, 1-2 tsp ginger paste, 1-2 tsp garlic paste, salt together.
2. Keep the mixture in refrigerator for 30-45 mins
3. Now keep a vessel on heat and add to it 5-7 tbs of oil
4. After the oil is heated add to it the onion and tomato paste
5. Stir and after 3-5 mins add remaining ginger garlic paste to it
6. Now when the paste is cooked i.e oil starts coming out and is visible add remaining turmeric, red chilly powder and chicken masala.
7. Stir well. After 2-4 mins add the marinated chicken pieces to it.
8. Stir for3-5 mins till the pieces turn a bit brown
9. Add sufficiant quantity of water and cashew paste so that the curry is thick
10. Add salt to it. And cook covered for another 15-20 mins till cooked on medium flame.
11. And ur chicken masala is ready to eat.
1. You can either fry or keep the marinated chicken pieces in oven. and then put in curry
2. dont over cook chicken
3. Make sure u cook the chicken on low flame so that chicken cooks properly and becomes soft